Thursday, March 4, 2010

knees.

I was reminded recently of the need to pray on my knees. As a friend was sharing with me a message he had just heard from a preacher in Atlanta, I felt a wash of conviction come over me. Not, condemnation...conviction. My face flushed and I "felt" compelled to return to a practice I truly believe in.

If you are like me, you may offer flash mental prayers far more than concerted, focused, on your knees and face before God prayers. "Does it matter?" I ask myself. I answer, "yes!" Do I engage in this often? Not enough. Conviction tells me to reengage.

I think you may find this sermon outline from Charles Stanley helpful. I did.

There is a battle raging in this life and I am grateful to my friend for helping me remember to meet with my Creator...on my knees.

kneeling.
john

No comments:

Post a Comment