Sunday, November 15, 2009

Shoes and Food - That's Enough

"Since we entered the world penniless and will leave it penniless, if we have bread on the table and shoes on our feet, that's enough." ~The Apostle Paul

Tonight. All is well. I have shoes and have had a meal. In a culture filled with excess, I can often feel like I don't have enough. Truth be told, I am wealthy beyond the wildest imaginations of most people in the world. I have no excuse. I must be generous! I am rich and generosity is a command!

My riches are in the simplicity of being myself before my Heavenly Father. My contentment is in this truth alone. No material possession will bring me contentment. Only knowing my Creator.

I have had a great day today. Celebrating my wife, Lori's birthday. A special one indeed as she recovers from surgery and wins the fight of her life. I also enjoyed speaking at The Father's House today. A great church with a generous spirit. Thank you to Pierre for inviting me and treating me like a true brother.

that's enough,
john

No comments:

Post a Comment