Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Small Stuff


Ever heard this, "Don't sweat the small stuff?" Last night I returned home after sitting in a waiting room all day long as Lori, my wife, was enduring nearly 8 hours of surgery to save her life. She did well, has a long road ahead but the sun is rising this morning...check it out! I snapped this shot with the Mac just seconds ago. God is good.

I cannot tell you how the events of this summer have put some things into perspective. I am embarrassed to think of what I have, at times, allowed to upset me in this life. If I could recapture every minute of wasted mental energy spent on things that were only annoyances at best...sigh.

I wish to move forward today with a new outlook. One of more patience, tolerance for my fellow human, and gratitude for each day. I know it will be a challenge but this is a lesson, I promise I will not forget. God has given today, this day, as a gift to us all. Let's not spoil it because someone or something inconvenienced us in some ridiculously small way that sends us off into a tirade of self pity. It's all really small stuff.

sweat-less,
john

No comments:

Post a Comment