Sunday, January 31, 2010

God the Father

I am learning that God is a true father. What do I mean? That He is infinitely closer than I realize. Aware, engaged and involved with every detail of my and your life.

As a father, I know sympathetic pain. When one of my children hurts, I hurt. Even when that hurt is caused by their own missteps. My heart is linked to them. I have vivid recollection of traumatic events in their lives. I have wept at times when they have wept. It's as if those moments are forever etched in my mind. I suspect there will be more in the years to come. I think it's my job to be here for them. As long as I can.

God is a Father. He is beyond all that I could ever be as a human father. As our Heavenly Father, His capacity exceeds anything we could imagine with our natural mind. While He does not exist for us, we exist for Him. Our place in history has been purposed. God has a plan and purpose for each of us in this life and beyond. Therefore, I know his eye is upon you and me.

I know not your circumstances but God the Father does. Be it a peak or valley, He is near His children.

I discovered this verse in the Psalms. I commend it to you and may you meditate upon it. May we all find strength in its truth:

Psalm 56:8 (The Message)

"You've kept track of my every toss and turn through the sleepless nights, Each tear entered in your ledger, each ache written in your book."

Rest knowing the Father is directing the affairs of our existence and keeping meticulous account of the details.

john

No comments:

Post a Comment