Thursday, August 20, 2009

Holiness

“Holiness, not happiness, is the chief end of man.” ~Oswald Chambers

This is what I am wrestling with most these days. I WANT to be happy. That's it, right? It's all about what "I" want. I ask myself, "What does it cost to be holy?" If you believe, Chambers, holiness may come at the expense of our happiness. I don't like this!

Simply being honest. I believe God can handle this. Don't you? I believe God won't dispose of us for being honest. He knows our thoughts anyhow.

He knows that I do want to follow Him and be holy. He knows that my humanity isn't going down without a fight.

Perhaps we all have to learn how deeply He loves us. Even in times of hardship when holiness is being worked in us. There's an old hymn:

"Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
Thou art the Potter, I am the clay.
Mold me and make me after Thy will,
While I am waiting, yielded and still."

Here's to Him having HIS WAY in all of us.

john

No comments:

Post a Comment