Monday, August 31, 2009

Run to God!

Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track. Don't assume that you know it all. Run to God! Run from evil! Proverbs 3:5-7 ~The Message

This Proverb has never been more alive to me then this very moment. It's almost like a blast of spiritual menthol! Opening every clogged aspect of my spirit right up. Why? I am about to move my family across country from NY to Atlanta. No promise of a job. Only the overwhelming sense that we have heard God's voice leading us in this direction.

In these final days in NY, I am seeing my great need to run to God. I literally am placing everything in His hands. My wife, children and very existence. I am so far out on a limb, I can't even see the tree!

These are not the musings of an irresponsible idealist whose head is stuck up in the clouds. I promise, I am well grounded and fighting my ever whirling mind demanding that I follow logic and reason. But this time, my spirit is being obeyed over my intellect.

If I run to God, intently, purposely, resolutely is this not faith? If I run to Him, will not my trajectory take me right to where I need to be? In His will? If I run, will He not keep me on track?

I was told recently that God cannot guide a ship if it's tied to the dock. However, He can adjust the course of the vessel that has set sail.

So we cast our lines off and raise the sail and trust the winds of God to guide us. I'll keep you posted. This is exhilarating. Truly. Adrenalin is pumping but I am trusting.

on the run,
john

No comments:

Post a Comment