Monday, October 12, 2009

Life’s A Maze!


I read this definition of a maze: an area of interconnected weaving paths that it is difficult to find a way through.

I spent nearly an hour and a half with our son, Jonathan in a corn maze yesterday. Actually it’s called the AMAZING MAIZE MAZE! And pictured above. I can tell you it was incredibly difficult to find the path out. Once you’ve seen one cornstalk…you’ve seen ‘em all! After awhile, they serve no purpose in assisting you on your journey. Trust me!

The only way you could find the end was by locating various mailboxes throughout the maze. Each mailbox had a piece of a map that was needed to help you navigate. With each piece came some sense of location and clarity. Without these markers, it was pretty much just a guessing game.

It was crazy as people passed one another in different stages of “lostness.” Everyone had the same agenda…to get out! It was chaos and a lot of fun. Well, until it got cold, and the sense of walking in circles became increasingly frustrating. You could keep playing the game or simply call out for help and a worker (high above the maze on a platform) would give you directions home.

Yes…after nearly an hour and a half, Jonathan and me were ready for some intervention. I looked up to the worker in the sky and in earnest I shouted up, “We are ready to get out of here now.” With a few quick directives, we were on our way. It still took some time but now we had a sense of direction and purpose. Our attitude changed quickly for the better. We found the end of that maze soon thereafter and it was glorious! Tired and frozen but happy!

Life’s a maze. It has a beginning and end. Along the way, much can happen to disorient us. We look for clues to make sense of it all. If you are like me, you have or will discover that you simply must call out to the one who has a perspective beyond our own, one who sees things from above.

I am asking the Father for perspective these days. I know He sees the beginning from the end. I truly believe when we call upon Him in our trouble, He’ll lead us all the way home!

amazed,

john

HerThe

1 comment:

  1. Your "sermons" have always been honest, articulate and full of the heart of God. Now more than ever, your life IS the sermon that points me to Him. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete