Sunday, October 4, 2009

God's Promise.

"I'm putting my rainbow in the clouds, a sign of the covenant between me and the Earth." Genesis 9, ~The Message

Yesterday as Jonathan, my son, and I drove out of a rainstorm I noticed a rainbow in my rear view mirror. It was the most intense rainbow I have ever seen. I stopped and snapped a picture with my cell phone camera (which doesn't remotely do justice to the colossal sight). Jonathan and I were both stunned. As we went on our way, it stayed in sight via the mirror for sometime. What's more fascinating to me is that I have seen at least 3 rainbows recently. Last week, I got caught in the rain while running. As I headed home, there before me was another giant complete rainbow. I was in awe as the last mile was me running straight towards that rainbow...all the way home.

I am now taking these sightings personally. Why? Because life is a raging storm at the moment. Lori's breast cancer diagnosis and the loss of our jobs have created a great tempest. Here's the thing, we have cried out to God for rescue. He's right here with us, keeping us afloat, guiding us along and giving us signs everyday. I believe in Father God with all my heart. I am just bold enough to think that He's calling my attention to these rainbows. They are majestic, glorious things that mark the end of a storm and serve to remind me God is very much a promise keeper.

Evidences of His promises are all around. They come in a loving gesture from a friend, a kind email, an unexpected gift, the prayers of others and the appearance of rainbows. We often call them coincidences and far too often take these happenings as of human origin or natural occurrence. Really? I submit they are God's fingerprints of his promise to care for those who place their trust in Him.

Father God has been pointing out to me that He's not left us uncared for. I am just crazy enough to believe he's been giving me rainbows as signs. How about you, seen any rainbows lately? God is all around us.

promise,
john

No comments:

Post a Comment