Tuesday, September 8, 2009

In God Alone

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him." Psalm 62:1

If a day could ever be "skipped" in our life, I would choose today. On a sun filled Tuesday in NY, our family received the most unwelcome medical report for my wife. I can't wish it away. I can't skip the day nor can I erase its contents. As I spoke with friends and relatives, it was becoming more and more surreal by the minute.

Now at the close of the day, we read in the Psalms the above verse. When we have nothing of self to rely on, it may well be the the best day of our lives. When all our plans have been foiled and our strength exhausted, what else can we do but find rest in God? God ALONE.

I am in over my head on this one, no answers and a hollow feeling inside. But for God, I know not where I would be. For now the trip to Atlanta is on hold. Now we prepare for a battle that God alone must fight for us.

In His Hands,
john

No comments:

Post a Comment